Monday, October 29, 2012

Bride Interview with Alina Thompson of AWYWI Events | North Carolina Wedding Planner

Please take a moment to read this interview before you hire Alina and Any Way You Want It Weddings & Events.
How long have you been doing this? Why did you start?
I started AWYWI Events in 2010. While planning my own wedding in 2008, I learned about all of the pitfalls and frankly, the disasters of wedding planning. I basically learned everything not to do and how important it is to hire a professional to help you plan and coordinate your big day. I used my time from 2008 until I started AWYWI Events in 2010 to learn where I went wrong, how to fix those issues, and how to be a fabulous wedding planner.

This sounds fantastic, but what sets you apart?
One of the most unique things about me is that many of my friends call me the queen of DIY. Now this doesn’t mean that you should skip hiring professional vendors, just hire me and I’ll pull together a fabulous DIY affair. What it does mean is that I can help you with those fun projects you’ve found on Pinterest! Most brides today are creating pin boards to save DIY ideas to make their wedding unique before they’re even engaged. I love those types of projects and I would be more than happy to help you pull them together.

This seems expensive. How can I afford it?
Our job is to take your budget and to fit their fee into your budget. This is not an additional expense. You are paying AWYWI Events to help you watch your budget, find cost-effective solutions, and quality vendors at a price that you can afford.

Who do you work best with?
I love working with professional vendors and fabulous brides. I have been very lucky to have such wonderful brides, who are so kind, humble, and appreciative of my work. I believe very firmly in service with a smile, so even the most difficult bride should receive the same quality service as the most easy-going bride.

Who would not benefit from your help?
The great thing about AWYWI Events is that we can cater to any budget. We offer several different packages and a la carte options that can help a bride with a budget that can only afford a consultation to discuss wedding etiquette or a bride with a much larger budget who is looking for help with every aspect of their wedding with our Deluxe Planning Package.

Will I lose control of my wedding if you’re planning it?
This was my biggest fear when I was planning my wedding and ultimately was the reason why I decided not to hire a planner. This was my biggest mistake. A planner is hired to plan with you. It’s rare that you find a bride who doesn’t want any part of planning their wedding. Each bride has their own ideas and plans for their wedding. AWYWI Events sits down with you to discuss those ideas and comes up with ways for us to work together to achieve your wedding day goals. You’re not handing your wedding over to a stranger who will take over. You are hiring an advisor, a friend, a consultant to help you create the wedding of your dreams on a budget that you can afford.

Will you work with vendors that I’ve already hired?
Yes! Absolutely! While we refer quality vendors, we are always ready and excited to expand our network and have the opportunity to work with vendors we haven’t met yet.

What kind of payments plans do you offer?
Typically all of our payments plans require a 50% deposit and the remaining balance due at least 2 weeks prior to your wedding. If you need a different payment plan, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.

Do you take on more than one wedding per day?
No. Never. We don’t even take on more than one wedding per weekend.


Do you take on destination weddings?
Absolutely! We operate out of Greensboro, NC but are willing to travel anywhere! Beach weddings are our favorite!

This looks like what we’re looking for. What’s next?
I want to hear about your wedding and your needs. Give us a call at 336.549.7829 or email us at anywayyouwantitevents@gmail.com to set up your complementary consultation. We’ll discuss your wedding, what we can do for you, what package would best fit your needs, and answer any additional questions you may have.

Can we contact your former clients?
Check out our testimonials page to see what our clients have to say about our services. References are available upon request.

We have more questions, can we call you?
Absolutely! Give us a call at 336.549.7829 or email us at anywayyouwantitevents@gmail.com to set up your complementary consultation.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment